Formative Assessment: Visual Analysis of a Problem
Image Credits: Morrowind/Shutterstock
Students are given a math problem. In this formative assessment, their task is to answer a problem with visuals (graphs, diagrams, pictures, tables, figures or anything you want).
- Analyze the problem well, understand what you are looking for.
- Make a visual to represent the problem. The visual can be your own drawing, images from the Internet or a combination of both. Colouring is optional, but consider the appearance of the poster.
- Develop a solution method.
- Explain your work with sentences.
- Show all steps of your calculations even though you use a calculator.
- Solve the problem in such a way that a regular educated person can understand the solution.
- Make sure you include the text of the problem in your poster.
- Use an A4 or a larger sized-paper.